We are so glad you’re considering CHP to capture your vacation memories! We know you have questions, and we have answers. Please take a minute to read through our Session FAQ where you’ll find the answer to our most commonly asked questions!
How do I book my date? Do you require a deposit?
- After selecting an available date, a booking proposal will be emailed to you. Follow the prompts to select your session type and submit the contract and session fee. We take a limited number of sessions each week to ensure adequate reschedule availability. Once booked, other inquiries are turned away for your date, for that reason session fees are due in full at booking, and are non-refundable.
Can we just do a Mini Sessions?
- Minis are only available in the late fall at a pre-determined location, on scheduled “mini session days”. Due to high demand for family sessions we are unable to offer minis during the summer and early fall.
How long will it take to see our photos?
- You will receive the link to view & download your gallery within 2-3 weeks of your session. Galleries remain online for 2 weeks, and all images must be downloaded within that timeframe. If additional time is needed, galleries may be extended for $10/day.
What is the weather is bad?
- I watch the weather closely, as it can be fickle here. Most commonly we deal with wind, followed by rain. In the event of strong wind, usually a change in location (typically sound side) can solve the problem. If it rains, we will happily reschedule you for another date if available. If we have no date available, a refund will be issued. For those who wish to not reschedule their session due to rain, a “raincheck” will be issued. Generally we can easily work around weather by moving the time of our session around. Keep in mind your session date is not the best day to make dinner reservations or anything else that requires a certain start time.
What if I can’t make my session?
- It’s very important to make your session, but we do understand that sometimes things come up. If you can’t make your session we will reschedule your session one time with at least 24 hours notice at no additional fee, based on availability. Please remember, one your date is booked, other clients are turned away for that date and time. Canceling last minute prevents us from re-booking that date. There are no refunds or reschedules or no-shows.
I don’t want beach photos, are other places available?
- Yes! We have several options for non-beach locations available. Just make sure you mention that when booking your session and we can help you come up with an alternative location. You are responsible for any fees associated with the location you choose (admission to botanical gardens, photo permits, parking, etc).
What should we wear?
The million dollar question! First and foremost, be comfortable! Regardless of location, I suggest avoiding anything with large logos/graphics or writing on the front. Also keep in mind that everyone will be sitting and/or kneeling at some point, typically in the sand, so clothing should be comfortable and I would avoid wearing anything you wouldn’t want to get sand or water on. For this reason it’s important to choose clothing that isn’t restrictive – for example, a dress you only “look good in” while standing straight up. The best suggest is to take a look at our Instagram which shows a great mixture of what some of our clients have picked!
- For Beach Photos I suggest keeping it light. You don’t have to keep it “stuffy” or traditional – mix it up a bit! If you want to incorporate some color, keep it simple, staying away from too many bold patterns. Your clothing shouldn’t take away from the photos. Definitely avoid black! It’s best to choose a color palette and find clothing that compliments each other without being overly busy or contrasting.
- For Non-Beach Photos feel free to wear whatever! I still suggest sticking to a similar color pallet for everyone (and avoiding text or giant graphics), but darker or brighter colors are just fine.