How do we know you’re the right photographer for us?
- We are very relaxed and love to laugh with our couples. Likewise, our couples don’t mind getting a little silly or adventurous to capture the best shot. We feel it’s imperative our clients are 100% excited about working with us and share our vision. If you’re looking for photographers that remain hidden we are not for you. While it’s important that we don’t disrupt the flow of the day it’s very important to us that we treat your friends and family like they’re our friends and family.
What is your style?
- Our style is considered “light & airy” and involves a lot of snuggling and romance coupled with jokes and laughter. While we love romantic photos we also love to have fun. We really take pride in the fact that our couples become more than just clients, and most of our couples have a relaxed personality and aren’t afraid to do whatever is asked!
What’s the deal with engagement sessions?
- Engagement sessions are included in our 6 & 8 hour packages, and we find them to be a vital part of our workflow. While you aren’t required to use your session, it’s highly encouraged, and is not transferrable. Engagement sessions are designed to not only provide you with beautiful images in “non wedding clothes”, it’s also the best way for us to get to know and built a relationship with our couples – and for them to get to know us! We’ve never had a couple regret their session, and most find it to be pretty enjoyable!
Do we need to provide a “shot list”?
- Absolutely not! My job is to capture your day, and we automatically cover all the big moments (and the little ones too!). However, we do have our couples submit a wedding info form consisting of your family information. We use that info to put together your family formals list. We find this keeps family formals running quickly and smoothly and ensures that we capture all the groupings our couples request. Outside of that, we strive to capture your day as it unfolds. It’s important to know that we are NOT Pinterest photographers. We want to photograph moments and memories that are unique to YOUR wedding, not a copy of someone else’s. Please do make sure to let us know of any special moments or items present on your wedding day, we’d hate to miss capturing a special keepsake that we didn’t know about.
Do you photograph smaller weddings?
- Absolutely! We happily photograph weddings of all sizes. We offer coverage on an hourly basis for intimate weddings & elopements. Some restrictions and minimums may apply based on the month and day you’re getting married, so it’s best to contact us directly to see if we are open for your date!
Do you travel?
- Heck yes! We LOVE to travel for weddings! Some of our favorite memories with couples have been traveling for their weddings. We always have a valid passport and love to create custom packages for couples planning a non-OBX destination wedding!
We love your work, how do we book?
- Once we’ve confirmed availability for your date we’ll send you a booking proposal to choose your package and submit your contract and retainer. We believe that simple is better, so all of our clients are booked within our online booking system which holds all your wedding info!
Can you hold our date?
- Once you’re ready to book you’ll receive your booking proposal email, and have 3 days to submit your contract and retainer. We will not book another client within those 3 days, however, once the link expires that date is released back onto the calendar. If you know you’re ready to book it’s best to go for it! Certain months are in high demand and while we do give priority to the first inquiry, we book on a first come – first serve basis. It’s important to remember dates are not considered booked until we have a signed contract and retainer.