Planning a Destination Wedding can be both exciting and stressful. Our goal is to make the process of choosing your photographer a simple one. We know you’ve got questions and we’ve got answers, so read through our FAQ and let us know if we can answer any additional questions!
How do we know you’re the right photographer for us?
- My personality is very laid back and relaxed. I love to laugh and find that my calm, joking, and easy going demeanor helps keep everyone else relaxed. Our couples are also relaxed and are not afraid to laugh and be silly or adventurous, and always have an open mind to our crazy suggestions! Our style involves a lot of snuggling and romance coupled with jokes and laughter. We really take pride in the fact that our couples become more than just clients. If you’re looking for photographers that remain hidden or stay silent we are not for you. While it’s important that we don’t disrupt the flow of the day it’s very important to us that we treat your friends and family like they’re our friends and family.
We’re not sure we need the included engagement session, can we swap it out?
- You certainly are not required to utilize the included engagement session. However, it is complimentary and does not change the package price if you opt out, nor is it transferrable. Getting a chance to work with our couples prior to the wedding day is a big part of our workflow. Couples who are comfortable with us are more comfortable in front of the camera.
What should we know about the engagement session?
- Sessions may take place at any location within 30 miles of 27954, but we LOVE to travel and are happy to photograph outside of that range (travel fees apply). Most couples opt for an outfit change as well. You should come excited and ready to smile! While you might feel stiff at first, my ultimate goal is to get you comfortable in front of the camera. There will be a lot of laughs, snuggling, and probably a crazy request from me to climb in the marsh or stand on a log! Let’s just say it’s always a good idea to bring a towel if we’re working near water!
Do you use a shot list?
- In general we don’t accept shot lists, and by shot lists I mean the online print-outs found on most wedding planning sites. Things like the “First Kiss” or “Bridal Party Together” are things we normally capture on a wedding day. We only use a shot list for family formals, and it’s a detailed list based on a questionnaire completed by our couples. We find this keeps family formals running quickly and smoothly and ensures that we capture all the groupings our couples request. Outside of that, we strive to capture your day as it unfolds. It’s important to know that we are NOT Pinterest photographers. We want to photograph moments and memories that are unique to YOUR wedding, not a copy of someone else’s. Please do make sure to let us know of any special moments or items present on your wedding day, we’d hate to miss capturing a special keepsake that we didn’t know about.
Do you photograph small weddings?
- Absolutely, we love shooting weddings of all sizes. We offer coverage on an hourly basis. Some restrictions and minimums may apply based on the month and day you’re getting married, so it’s best to contact us directly to see if we are open for your date!
We love your work, how do we book you?
- Once we’ve confirmed availability for your date, and you’ve picked a package, we’ll email you a booking proposal. Dates are considered officially booked with signed contract and non-refundable retainer. We believe that simple is better, so all of our clients are booked within our online booking system which holds all your wedding info!
Should we use a planner or day of coordinator?
- One thousand times…YES. I could go on for days on the importance of an experienced local coordinator to oversee your day. Even if you’ve made all the pre-wedding details yourself, those extra hands (and eyes, ears, and expertise) are such a godsend on the wedding day. Bonus points – we even offer slight discounts when using our preferred coordinator because that’s how much we believe in our couples using this service!